"Kawachen", land of snow in Tibetan, is a Tibetan language and cultural center in Tokyo. It aims to introduce, foster, and share the distinct Tibetan
culture in Japan.
We are sorry that we do not have complete contents of Kawachen's web page in English. Some of main activities of Kawachen are as under.
1. Conducting weekly and intensive Tibetan Language classes.
2. Translation and interpretaion of general Tibetan texts and subjects into Japanese.
3. Dealing with Tibet and Tibetan related books, handicrafts, arts etc. from Tibet, India, United States etc.
4. Organizing talks, video shows, exhibitions etc. on Tibet and Tibetan.
5. Working on projects related to preservation texts through digitization.
6. Developing App Tibetan Reader(iphone app) to familiarise and assist Tibetan language learning.
7. Representing as the exclusive distributor of digital images of TBRC (Tibetan Buddhist Resource Center) in Japan.
8. Cordinating Digital Preservation Society (DPS), Tokyo.
Apr. 1, 2016
Tibetan Reader (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch App) is temporary unavailable in order to support for new ios.
Tibetan Reader(iphone app)has released on App store.The "Tibetan Reader" app enables users to listen to Tibetan syllabic pronunciation that changes with different combinations of letters (such as prefixes, superscripts, root consonants, subscripts, vowels, suffixes). When you tap in sequence, you can listen to the spoken spelling of the letters that make up the Tibetan syllable and the final pronunciation of that syllable.
Gokokuji Royal Heights B1-A, Otsuka 5-1-17, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-0012
(5 minutes walk from Gokokuji station on Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line, 5 minutes walk from Shin-Otsuka station on Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line)
*:Kawachen is not open everyday, please let us know beforehand if you want to visit Kawachen.